Pentecost Services: (All services begin at 10:45 in the Sanctuary)
September 22nd: Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
September 29th: Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Communion Sunday)
October 6th: Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
October 13th: Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Communion Sunday)
October 20th: Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost
October 27th: Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost (Communion Sunday)
Please join us for these very special services.
Starting this Sunday, September 8th and going through Sunday, September 22nd the kids and teens will be putting on another Alabaster Marketplace to go along with Faith Promise month. Please come and support the kids at their marketplace. They will certainly have some wonderful ideas for you to buy. The kids have been learning a lot about missions in their monthly missions lessons and this is a great way for them to give back.
Wednesday Evening Meals: This Wednesday, at 6:00 PM. Join us for great food and fellowship.
Wednesday Evening Prayer and Fellowship: This Wednesday, beginning at 6:45 PM in room 200. All are welcome.
Children’s Wednesday Night Program and Bible quizzing: Starting up again for the new term! This year we are studying the book of Genesis. Quizzing practice will begin on Wednesday nights from 6:30 – 8:00. Our first quiz meet is in October at College Church. If you have any questions please see Teresa Brink.
Wisdom of the Word: Ladies Bible Study on I Samuel, Tuesdays, meeting on Tuesdays from 9-11AM in the Fellowship Hall. All Ladies are welcome. A $20 donation is required to cover cost for materials. Please see Linda Harmon for more information.
Mesdames: All ladies are invited to the September Mesdames meeting. It will be held in the fellowship hall, Thursday, September 19th, 2019 at 10:00 AM. Come for heart-warming fellowship.
Bible Quiz Meet: Our first Bible Quiz Meet on Genesis will be October 5th at College Church of the Nazarene, Olathe, KS.
A21 Walk: You can make a world of difference in the fight against human trafficking. How? By sponsoring us to set up a Walk For Freedom in the heart of Kansas City. Walk for Freedom is A21’s global fundraising and awareness event, rallying tens of thousands of people, taking millions of steps, in hundreds of cities all over the world. We walk to disrupt the existence of slavery, shaking its very foundation with each step. Contact Zoe Lande in the office for more information and donations.
Church Office Hours: Office Hours: Regular office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Thursday. The office will be closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm. Office is closed on Fridays.
Children’s Church- Children will remain downstairs after Sunday School for a Special Rehearsal and be brought up to take Communion with their families.
STEPS IN THE CALLING OF A PASTOR
1. The District Superintendent meets with the local church board to begin the process of calling a pastor. This shall include the following:
a. Urging prayer as a necessary ingredient for determining God’s will.
b. Selection of an interim pastor. (The interim pastor will not be
considered as a candidate for pastor.)
c. Enabling the church board to develop a profile of the person that should serve as pastor.
d. Considering the records of those persons who are to be considered potential nominees for the office of pastor.
2. The church board, under the direction of the District Superintendent, shall select a person as a possible nominee and arrangements will be made for a personal interview. The board will be expected to keep any names of potential pastors confidential, and it will be appreciated if the congregation honors this expectation.
3. Following the interview, the church board will meet in executive session to evaluate the information gained from the interview. Then a ballot vote shall be taken as to whether this person shall be nominated to the church membership. If at least a two-thirds majority of the board members vote affirmatively, and the District Superintendent approves, the name shall be presented to the church membership for formal voting.
4. In compliance with the requirements of the Manual, the meeting of the church membership for voting on a prospective pastor shall be announced in at least two preceding regular services.
5. Before voting, the congregation will have the opportunity to meet with the pastoral candidate in order to get acquainted.
6. In the church meeting, all active members (age 15 and above) will be entitled to vote. The call of the pastor requires a two-thirds favorable vote by ballot of the church members of voting age present and voting. There is no allowance for absentee voting.
7. When the call is extended to the minister under consideration, the minister shall communicate acceptance of the call no later than 15 days from the date of the church meeting voting that call.