Easter Services: (All services begin at 10:45 in the Sanctuary)
April 21st: Easter Sunday Service
April 28th: Second Sunday of Easter - Communion Sunday
May 5th: Third Sunday of Easter
May 12th: Fourth Sunday of Easter - Communion Sunday
May 19th: Fifth Sunday of Easter
May 26th: Sixth Sunday of Easter - Communion Sunday
May 30th: Ascension of the Lord
June 2nd: Seventh Sunday of Easter
June 9th: Day of Pentecost
June 16th: The Holy Trinity
Please join us for these very special services.
Harvesters: A team of volunteers will be going to Harvesters on Saturday, May 18th, 2 to 4 pm. We will sort and repack donated food items. This may include sorting nonperishable items, boxing nonperishable items, packaging fresh produce, sorting and boxing bread, or packing BackSnacks. Volunteers must be eight years or older to participate. Students 15 years old and younger need to be accompanied by an adult. Closed toed shoes and long pants are required (no shorts, skirts or dresses). Please leave all valuable jewelry at home. This includes rings, which may come off in the packing process. All volunteers must be free of contagious illness (runny nose, colds, the flu, strep throat, etc.). Please sign-up at tinyurl.com/HarvestersMay2019. Contact Keith Schwanz for more information (email@example.com, 913-579-8109).
Potluck: Please join us in the activity center after the morning service, May 19th, to honor our graduates from high school and college. Last names A-L, please bring a main dish and a vegetable (or a combination dish with meat and vegetables); last names M-Z, please bring a main dish and a salad, or fruit. Cake will be provided.
Summer Camp: Camper applications are live! 1st and 2nd grade camp is June 13th-15th, cost is $175 early bird and $225 late registration. 3rd and 4th grade camp is June 15th-18th, cost is $200 early bird and $250 late registration. 5th, 6th, and 7th grade camp is June 8th-12th, cost $225 early birth and $275 late registration. Staff applications are coming soon, cost of application is $65.
VBS: Cokesbury’s To Mars and Beyond, VBS Kickoff is August 4th, VBS dates are August 5th-8th.
Church Office Hours: Office Hours: Beginning tomorrow, Monday, January 14th, regular office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Thursday. The office will be closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm. Office is closed on Fridays.
Children’s Church Today: Children 1st-6th grade will remain in service today.
9:30 AM Sunday School
10:45 AM Morning Worship
6:00 PM Wednesday Dinner
6:45 PM Wednesday Prayer
7:00 AM Men’s Bible Study @ IHOP/91st & Metcalf
1:30 PM Harvesters Volunteer Food Sorting
9:30 AM Sunday School
10:45 AM Morning Worship
12:00 PM All Church Potluck for Graduates
This Sunday’s (5/19) Scripture Readings for Sunday:
Next Sunday’s (5/26) Scripture Readings for Sunday:
Revelation 21:10, 22-22:5
STEPS IN THE CALLING OF A PASTOR
1. The District Superintendent meets with the local church board to begin the process of calling a pastor. This shall include the following:
a. Urging prayer as a necessary ingredient for determining God’s will.
b. Selection of an interim pastor. (The interim pastor will not be
considered as a candidate for pastor.)
c. Enabling the church board to develop a profile of the person that should serve as pastor.
d. Considering the records of those persons who are to be considered potential nominees for the office of pastor.
2. The church board, under the direction of the District Superintendent, shall select a person as a possible nominee and arrangements will be made for a personal interview. The board will be expected to keep any names of potential pastors confidential, and it will be appreciated if the congregation honors this expectation.
3. Following the interview, the church board will meet in executive session to evaluate the information gained from the interview. Then a ballot vote shall be taken as to whether this person shall be nominated to the church membership. If at least a two-thirds majority of the board members vote affirmatively, and the District Superintendent approves, the name shall be presented to the church membership for formal voting.
4. In compliance with the requirements of the Manual, the meeting of the church membership for voting on a prospective pastor shall be announced in at least two preceding regular services.
5. Before voting, the congregation will have the opportunity to meet with the pastoral candidate in order to get acquainted.
6. In the church meeting, all active members (age 15 and above) will be entitled to vote. The call of the pastor requires a two-thirds favorable vote by ballot of the church members of voting age present and voting. There is no allowance for absentee voting.
7. When the call is extended to the minister under consideration, the minister shall communicate acceptance of the call no later than 15 days from the date of the church meeting voting that call.